Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 Year in Review

Happy New Year!


The close of our 7th year, more than 650 blog posts, dozens of projects. We continue our quest to save as many guns possible from the scourge of iron oxide.



January

February


March


April



May


June



July


August


September


October


November


December 




Upcoming Projects:

Mauser 98 Sporter: An inherited project, Mauser 98 action, re-barreled in 270 Winchester, a Richard's Micro-fit  stock and a box of parts

Ruger Standard Pistol: a 1966 vintage Ruger Standard will get restored

Winchester model 97: My FIL inherited this 1926 vintage shotgun from his Brother, it was rusty and pitted, I give it a complete overhaul

Remington 512 Sportmaster: Yes another one, this will be #3

Remington 511 Scoremaster: Another inherited gun that sat unloved for too long

Remington 513 Matchmaster: Yet another inherited gun, this one from my uncle. It has been stripped and is in pieces....just my kind of fun

Stevens model 73: Another model 73, this one belongs to my adopted grandfather. It needs rebluing and some extraction issues fixed

S&W model 27: A beautiful revolver with some graffiti gets refinished

S&W model 19: Yet another model 19, my 4th one

Winchester model 77: A $50 "wallhanger" gets the full treatment

J.C. Higgins model 36: A $10 LGS buy gets some redemption

Springfield model 83: I hope to move this one from the project list to the finished list

Marlin model 60 "Super Deluxe Edition": I build what Marlin could have (or should have) built.

Savage 325A: The Post Apocalyptic gun, gets a second make-over

Hi-Standard Model B: A 1935 vintage gets refinished

Ruger Standard: a 4" barrel 1953 vintage "Red Barn" pistol gets cleaned up 

Hawes Western Six Shooter: A .22 Mag single action in need of love

Winchester model 47: Purchased as just a barreled action with a cracked stock, I will rebuild this single shot rifle

Ruger 10/22 Projects:

  •  Finger Groove Sporter Tribute: I take a painted and modified walnut stock and turn it into something beautiful
  • The Continental: An International stock, high polished steel receiver and barrel and a new aluminum trigger assembly make for one beautiful rifle
  •  The Deluxe Sporter: I purchased a checkered Deluxe Sporter Stock, now I need to out fit it
  •  The Zombie: I finally get to do some Lichtenburg wood burning and stock carving
  •  The Hawken: fitting brass muzzle loader parts to a factory 10/22 stock
  •  The Pirate Charger: I attempt to make a pirate pistol from an old beech wood factory stock
  •  The Liquid Lava: I customize a factory wood stock and give it a unique paint job.
  • The Sniper: A threaded bull barrel, parkerized steel receiver, 50mm scope and a Hogue thumbhole stock make for a unique project
  • The SR-22 Project: A chance gun show find results in a Ruger SR-22 being added to my collection



See you next year!




2 comments: