When we left off the parts had been reblued and soaked in oil, time for reassembly
Before starting reassembly, I painted the safety/fire indicator with red enamel model paint
While the paint was drying I reassembled the magazine
And started the clean up on the other parts
I found a broken pin, I will make one from my selection of pin stock
These parts will soak overnight in Hoppes #9
I was able to find a pin of the right diameter to replace the broken one, it is a tad shorter, but that will not matter in this case
While the parts were soaking I turned my attention to the scope, the one that was on the gun had filthy optics that were coated with something that didn't want to come off, so I swapped it with one I had on my shelf, using the reblued screws and other parts to make one good scope.
The parts are clean and ready to be installed
The color case hardening is still evident on these parts
I sanded and polished the bolt
And assembled the action
And the obligatory before and after shots
Here is a picture showing the progression on the barrel where the roll marks are.
On to the next project!