Monday, March 4, 2019

Atomic/Pike Arms 10/22 Trigger Housing Review



In collecting the parts for my next 10/22 build, I wanted to find an original 10/22 aluminum trigger housing that was in new or near new condition. They are not easy to find. So I bought a billet trigger housing from Atomic Arms.
 

They come anodized in gloss black and mimic the lines of the original exactly, below are some comparison pictures, the new one with an original one in dire need of refinishing



There are screws on the left side, it appears that you can remove the left side panel



The rear of the factory trigger guard has some good anodizing left, the new one is a pretty close match


The housing came with some instructions and an adjustable trigger return spring and plunger


I removed the side plate to see how it was machined, it is obvious this was to make machining the part easier
 

I started to check the parts fitment and noticed the safety spring/plunger hole was not near as deep as the factory one, if you look close you can see the black mark on the punch, which was where the punch was flush in the factory trigger housing.


to make the safety plunger and spring fit, I cut two coils off the spring


Assembled, The safety detent worked just fine, plenty of pressure to keep it on safe or fire.

I also checked the trigger pull and it averaged right at 4 lbs, not too shabby, I might adjust the return spring a bit after breaking in a little.



Over all I would say this is a worthwhile buy, finding a used factory aluminum one and re-anodizing it might cost you as much (unless doing it yourself) and you might not get as good of results.

No comments:

Post a Comment