I was able to get the parts blued between rainy days
Here they after soaking in the oil tank
Time to reassemble and get some pictures, but first we need to clean up the bolt and other pieces.
I had to assemble the receiver without any drawings or pictures...
One final touch before attaching the stock, paint the safety/fire indicator red with some Testors enamel paint
I also noticed the front sight is bent, pretty sure it didn't happen in my care
Havlin Sales has them for just $8
During reassembly, I also cleaned what appeared to be paint marks from the stock using fine steel wool, I then gave the stock a coat of carnuba wax
You can see some of the pitting near the roll marks and serial number remain
Before and After:
On to the next project!