Sunday, September 20, 2020

The Savage Enfield Project Part 2

If you missed part one, click here

So I got the parts blued, here they are in natural light after soaking in oil


And the screws



First I assemble the bolt, to do so you need to insert the spring, then the firing pin, screw the firing pin into the cocking piece until the threaded part is just flush. There is a set screw that keeps it in place.



I ran into a SNAFU when I went to assemble the bolt head. The screw that holds in the extractor was MIA. Luckily I had one that would work, but it needed to be shortened and the head needed a haircut



So I broke out the file and went to work



Then cold blued it


Then after some choice words and some tinkering I was able to get the extractor and spring in their proper orientation.


The rest of the assembly went along without incident....

Finished:













Before and After pics










On to the next project!


No comments:

Post a Comment