Thursday, December 10, 2020

AR Magazine Rehab

 This month is magazine month I have a few magazine projects and our theme guns this month will be theme magazines instead.


After buying some surplus AR magazines at a gun show I bought these MagPul Enhanced Followers



Then I bought these stencils from an online supplier "Vinyl Weapon Stickers"




I disassembled and cleaned them up with acetone before applying the base coat







The stickers come pre-cut and you can use them as a positive or negative image. The first mag gets black base coat





then I taped the rest of the magazine up


The next mag gets a base coat of "nutmeg" which is close to FDE



Then I paint the mag with textured black Rust-Oleum


The first one didn't turn out so well



The second one turned out much better, I used a pick and tweezers to remove the stickers



The other side


I reinstalled the springs and followers



No comments:

Post a Comment