Friday, December 18, 2020

AK Magazine Rehab

 Continuing our month of magazines, I have another magazine rehab, this one a rusty AK mag. 

I don't remember where I got this magazine from, I think someone gave it to me.....anyway, it was rusty and in need of rebluing or painting.

I decided to try my hand at the sponge camo painting technique.

First step is disassembly





Then I removed the rust with my wire wheel



Then I painted a base coat of OD Green



Once the paint was dry I added some small mylar Punisher stickers




Then I sprayed a couple of swaths of Desert Tan




Then I got out the Dirt Brown, Foliage Green, Nutmeg and Black and began dabbing the paint on with a piece of a sponge



Once dried, I removed the Punisher stickers




Then reassembled the magazine.





Before and after shots






On to the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment