Tuesday, April 21, 2020

The Smith & Wesson model 27 Project Part 3

If you missed parts one and two, click on the links below

Part 1
Part 2 

T
he parts have been blued, here they are after a soak in oil



Assembly begins


Back together, a quick function check, then install the grip panels and get some "after" pictures in natural light


I put some grips from a newer model 629 that I had on the shelf for the pictures, they aren't the right vintage and do not fit perfectly, but I didn't want to take the after pics with those ugly abused grips that came with it.







The rear sight was a little beat up, I did what I could to save it, doesn't look too bad, and the owner can replace it if he finds the correct replacement 



The pitting around the S&W logo is 99% gone


No more graffiti on the frame




The obligatory before and after pictures










On to the next project

1 comment: