Monday, November 29, 2021

The Winchester 97 Project Part 4

If you missed the earlier posts on this build, click the links below

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3


The parts have been blued and are ready for reassembly





I started with the brass bead on the barrel, a little blue thread locker was used to make sure it stays put



While the thread locker sets up, I went to work putting the receiver, bolt and carrier together, there is a mess of parts here. I have the bolt together, now I need to get the carrier and receiver together


90% assembled


The magazine is coming together



Finished.....well sort of, we still have a problem with the magazine not threading into the receiver. I thought I had removed it, but it still will not go.
This gun will need to go to a machinist to have the threads cleaned up and then possibly a replacement magazine or at least reblue this magazine as some of the bluing was scratched and worn off in my many attempts at getting the gun to go back together. 





















and the before and after comparison shots












and on to the next project!





1 comment: