Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Ruger Mark II for Dad Part 1

We picked up the Ruger Mark II a while back. My Father has been looking for cheap one for a couple of years now and this one was priced right at just $125. Here is what it looked like when I brought it home.










 

 

The gun was in pretty good shape over all, we test fired, to make sure there was no mechanical issues, then disassembled it for cleaning and refinishing.

First is the bolt, it was pretty dirty. We will polish the extractor, extractor spring plunger and firing pin before we reinstall them


Some if these parts will be reblued, most will be cleaned up and reinstalled, I will polish the hammer and sear


The safety detent ball fell out of its hole. I will reblue the safety and see if I can peen the ball in place during reassembly.



The bolt was a little bit plum color, hopefully we can get it to go black in the bluing tank



 We cleaned up the back strap


The rest of the gun was in good shape, no pitting, no rust, no dings or dents, so I gave it a good rub down with some 3M Scotch Brite "final finishing pads"





 





 Stay tuned for part 2



1 comment: