Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Restoring a S&W Presentation Case

 I purchased this S&W model 29 last year and it came with the presentation case, but the case was not in the best condition.

Here is what it looked like when I bought it.


After cleaning up the loose flocking and inventorying the tools & paperwork which were all present and accounted for I was pleasantly surprised that the plastic insert was in excellent condition.




Other than a few small nicks and dents, the outside of the box is in great shape (considering it is 40 years old).



I went online and found a flocking kit in royal blue, the factory color was a bit darker, but the choice was royal blue or navy blue, which I thought was too dark.





I painted the plastic surface and then used the ketchup bottle to spray the flocking on, it looked good at first, but when you look close you can see the uneven paint underneath.






So I ordered up a better flocking tool and more flocking.



I found that you can flock over existing flocking, you need to make sure to keep the paint brush free of any loose flocking material though.




No comments:

Post a Comment