Thursday, July 21, 2022

Gunsmithing Cheap Tricks

Another round of gunsmithing cheap tricks


Socks: Don't let your wife throw away those old socks. You can use them in the shop. The longer ones are great keeping barrels, rifle stocks and even files from getting dinged up while in storage.



Small cardboard boxes: I prefer the ones with lids that fold over. I used these for "project boxes" to store the parts in while I am working on a gun.



Zip lock bags: The sandwich size is sometimes too large, so I save ones that new parts come in and reuse them to store the small parts in, so they don't get lost



Pencils: I often use a round wood pencil to wrap sandpaper around for sanding in small areas



Flannel: Save those old flannel PJs or sheets, cut them up for polishing cloths





2 comments:

  1. great tips. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy from Austin, Texas. I've been trying to reach you thru Facebook and your tincanbandit blog unsuccessfully. Regarding the restoration of the Remington 512 you posted one year ago -- July 2021. Would you be interested in restoring my Remington 512?

    ReplyDelete