Thursday, May 22, 2014

Our One Year Anniversary

It has been a whole year since I started this blog.

I thought I would post an update on some highlights of my posts to keep everyone up to date and to reflect on some of my projects.

Don't worry, this is only a partial list of the 84 posts on my blog.

My 1st post was about firearms finishes and what I learned in the process of restoring guns.

A Lesson in Refinishing

I then documented my first attempt at the HOt Salts Bluing method

A New Start

I did a post on a hunting rifle that I did my own Camouflage painting on I will follow that up with a post this summer showing how it was done

More Camo

I followed up that post this year with a post on how to build an inexpensive hunting rifle

Building an Inexpensive Hunting Rifle

My Father & I started (and eventually finished) a complete restoration of a Winchester model 1906 pump action .22 rifle. At the completion of the project, my Father gave me the gun as a gift.

Father & Son Project


I thumbed my nose at the Hoplophobes with my Tacticool 10-22

Something for the Hoplophobes

That post got updated after my search for a better 10-22 gun stock

Stock Options

 We looked at the advantages of Stainless Steel Media Tumbling


Stainless Steel Media Tumbling

We took a look at the guns used by Hollywood in our favorite films

Movie Guns

 We documented the refinishing of a walnut gun stock using Birchwood-Casey's Tru-Oil

Stock Refinish

We examined the Zombie Gun Craze

Zombie Guns

We followed that up with:

Theme Guns

Pink Guns
 
After searching for and buying a new gun safe, I shared what I had learned 

A Primer on Gun Safes


I started some new projects, finishing knives by installing the handles and polishing

New Project: Knives


We examined some of the more exotic guns both modern and antique

Exotic Guns - Antique

Exotic Guns - Modern

Another restoration project, a very rusty Ruger Standard Pistol from 1951

Redemption for an Unloved Gun

We took a look at the copy cat guns in the industry

Attack of the Clones

We attempted to settle the dispute over the benefits of reloading by comparing costs

To Reload or not to Reload

I showed how I polish my stainless steel handguns

Polishing you Gun

We explored options on keeping tabs on your gun collection

Record Keeping

I performed a trigger job on a Ruger SP101

Trigger job for a Ruger

While searching for a new stock for my Mossberg 590, I displayed the options available

Mossberg 500 Stock Options

We took a gander at the anomaly colloquially known as "Kabooms"

Kabooms

I documented the modifications to my Beretta CX4 Carbine

Beretta CX4 Carbine Mods

I profiled the process on saving gun screws that were messed up by using the wrong screw drivers

Fixing Buggered Gun Screws

We examined and dispelled some myths regarding the Winchester Model 94 receivers.

Winchester Model 94 Rifles

I started a Firearms Dictionary, explaining terms, nicknames, and abbreviations used in the gun world.

Firearms Dictionary

We explained and cleared up some of the worst myths and legends involving guns

Gun Myths and Legends

In honor of Elmer Keith's Birthday I documented the history of my favorite cartridge: The 44 Magnum (look for a similar write up on the history of the 357 Magnum)

The 44 Magnum

I found a sporterized Arisaka at the gun show for cheap, I decided to improve upon the previous gunsmith's work. Stay tuned for updates on this project

Latest Gun Show Find

Sporterized Arisaka Redux Part 1


I performed an action job on a Ruger 10-22, this is an easy project that almost anyone can do to improve the performance of this iconic rifle

10-22 Action Job

This was a review of one of the guns in my Shotguns post, this was a documentation on how I built a home defense shotgun for cheap

Building an Inexpensive Home Defense Shotgun

We did an update on the movement of women into the gun world, this post displays many of the new products designed for worm

More Pink


A brief history of Ruger's Security/Service/Speed Six line of double action revolvers

Ruger's 1st Double Action Revolvers

The post from earlier this week in case you missed it, the title explains it

Creative uses for Ammo Cans



No comments:

Post a Comment